351730 votes - Finance - First release: 2011-05-10T05:01:04Z
Description - 4+
Download the Western Union® (WU) money transfer app and quickly start sending cash worldwide, 24/7!
Transfer money internationally to friends and family in 200+ countries and territories completely digitally - or send cash globally to an agent location for pickup.
USE THE TRUSTED MONEY SENDING APP :
- Send money globally from the US quickly, 24/7
- Track your money transfers or pickup, instantly
- Repeat transfers to family & friends using quick resend
- View live exchange rates for US & global currencies
- Make international bill payments & manage accounts
- Find thousands of US agent locations for cash pickup
- Access the app with secure touch ID login
- Receive discounts through My WU Rewards
SENDING YOUR MONEY IS QUICK AND EASY
Download the app and create an account to quickly get your transfer started. Send money with a few taps and pay for it instantly with your debit or credit card - or start a money transfer and complete the payment in cash at a nearby agent location. Your family and friends can receive the funds through wire transfer directly to their bank account or mobile wallet - or pick up the cash at a convenient location near them in their own currency. Western Union has more than 500,000 locations in over 200 countries and territories.
TRUSTED INTERNATIONAL MONEY TRANSFERS
It’s easy to send money abroad with the WU app. Track all of your own money transfers immediately after hitting "Send".
Send money to over 500,000 agent locations for pickup:
- AFRICA: Including Ghana, Ethiopia, and Kenya
- ASIA: Including China, India, and the Philippines
- EUROPE: Including France and the UK
- NORTH AMERICA: Including Mexico, Latin America, and the Caribbean
- SOUTH AMERICA: Including Brazil and Colombia
Money transfer to mobile wallets is available for some international locations. Western Union also offers money transfers and cash pickup for overseas US military bases.
SEND MONEY WITHIN THE US
You can send funds domestically with the WU app as well. Send money to family and friends through wire transfer to a bank account or mobile wallet, set up cash pickup at a US agent location, or transfer money into a correctional facility account (for a county, state, or federal prison inmate).
MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR WESTERN UNION APP
In addition to tracking details of money transfers you’ve sent and making payments, use your WU app to look up US agent locations. You can visit any of the 42,000 US locations to complete more Western Union transactions, including:
- Paying cash to complete a transfer you started on the WU app
- Sending money orders
- Reloading prepaid phone minutes (up to $15 USD, for select mobile operators in Colombia, El Salvador, Ghana, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Nigeria, and the Philippines)
- Picking up cash as a receiver
FEES AND IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES
Western Union makes money from both transfer fees and currency exchange. When choosing a money transmitter, carefully compare the transfer fees and exchange rates. Fees, foreign exchange rates and taxes may vary by brand, channel, and location based on a number of factors. Fees and rates subject to change without notice.
Please use care when providing commissary or bank account information. Funds will be paid into the account corresponding to the account number you provide.
When using a credit card to send money through WU, an issuer cash advance fee and associated interest charges may apply. Use a debit card to avoid these fees and charges.
Services may be provided by Western Union Financial Services, Inc. NMLS# 906983 and/or Western Union International Services, LLC NMLS# 906985. See terms and conditions for details.