13265 votes - Finance - First release: 2010-09-21T02:00:11Z
Description - 4+
Betterment is an online financial advisor built to help you reach your financial goals. Our cutting-edge technology helps keep fees low, provides ongoing, personalized financial guidance, and manages your money with sophisticated investment strategies.
Our mission: to help you make the most of your money so you can live better. For one low, transparent fee of 0.25% annually, you get personalized advice to help you reach your financial goals.
INVEST WITH BETTERMENT—HERE’S HOW:
1) We ask questions to help you figure out your investing goals (e.g., retirement, house down payment, dream vacation) and make recommendations to help you reach them.
2) We build you a personalized investment portfolio of low-cost ETFs and manage it with cutting-edge technology.
3) We provide ongoing advice through our platform. As your money grows, our guidance evolves to help you make smart decisions with your money.
MORE ABOUT INVESTING WITH BETTERMENT
Invest with Smart Saver, our savings account alternative
• We can analyze your expenses to help you find extra cash in your checking account.
• Next, you can move that money to Smart Saver, our low-risk investing account for your cash.
• If you need your cash, you can transfer it back to your checking account, with no early withdrawal fees or penalties.
• Or, let us move it for you. Our Two-Way Sweep feature pairs with our cash analysis to effortlessly move money between your checking and Smart Saver.
Get a better investing experience:
• We’ll help you choose your portfolio based on your financial goals or by your desired account type, including individual and joint taxable, traditional IRA, and Roth IRA.
• Deposit, withdraw, and track your investments with our intuitively designed investing app.
• Access our Customer Experience Team with questions—seven days a week.
• Your satisfaction is guaranteed—learn more: https://www.betterment.com/satisfaction-guarantee/
Utilize automated investing features:
• Auto-deposit helps you save better and helps remove the hassle from regular investing.
• Rebalancing, tax loss harvesting, and asset location help keep your taxes low.
• Portfolio tracking features let you see all your accounts in one place.
Your security is our top priority:
• Access your account with Fingerprint or a secure PIN.
• Brokerage services provided to clients of Betterment LLC by Betterment Securities, an SEC registered broker-dealer and member FINRA. Betterment Securities is a Member of SIPC, which protects securities customers of its members up to $500,000 (including $250,000 for claims for cash). Explanatory brochure available upon request or at www.sipc.org.
Have a question about your account? We’re happy to help—please email us at [email protected] and we’ll look into it.
Betterment LLC is an SEC-registered investment adviser. Investing in securities involves risks, and there is always the potential of losing money when you invest in securities. Before investing, consider your investment objectives and Betterment's charges and expenses. Not an offer, solicitation of an offer, or advice to buy or sell securities in jurisdictions where Betterment is not registered. All images and return figures shown are for illustrative purposes only, and are not actual customer or model returns. Visit Betterment.com for more information.