5910 votes - Finance - First release: 2020-10-01T07:00:00Z
Description - 4+
Join the first all-digital bank in the country! No monthly fees on Varo Bank Account.
LET’S DITCH THE FEES
Your Varo Bank Account comes with a contactless Varo Bank Visa® Debit Card — which you can safely lock in seconds in your mobile banking app — but none of these fees:
- No fees at 55,000+ Allpoint® ATMs worldwide in stores like Target, CVS, and Walgreens
- No foreign transaction fees
- No monthly maintenance fee
- No ACH transfer fee
- No minimum balance requirement
- Get paid up to two days early with direct deposit^
- Use Apple Pay™ for quick, contactless payments
MANAGE YOUR MONEY EASILY
Your Varo Bank Account helps you stay in control of your money.
- Get an instant cash advance of up to $100^^
- Instantly send money to anyone who uses Varo
- Track spending and account activity with instant alerts
- Link external accounts to see all your outside finances in one place
- Transfer money to and from external accounts
SAVE AND EARN MORE
Save and earn money easily and automatically with a high-yield Varo Savings Account.
- Automatic savings tools let you save money without thinking
- There’s no minimum balance required to open an account
- Start earning 0.20% APY*, and then earn up to 3.00% APY on a balance as little as a penny if you meet these requirements each qualifying period**
● Make at least five qualifying Varo Bank Visa® Debit Card purchases AND
● Receive qualifying total direct deposits of $1,000 or more
Additionally, you will need to meet these daily balance requirements at close of business during the calendar month:
● Do not exceed a daily savings balance of $5,000 for the entire calendar month AND
● Keep your bank and savings account balances greater than or equal to $0.00
STAY SAFE AND SECURE
Keeping your money and data protected is at the top of our list.
- Your deposits are FDIC insured up to $250,000 through Varo Bank, NA; Member FDIC
- Your debit card is protected with Visa® Zero Liability***
- Your data is protected with advanced 256-bit AES-level encryption, access control, secure processes, and audits
^Early access to direct deposit funds depends on timing of the payer’s submission of deposits. We generally post such deposits on the day they are received which may be up to 2 days earlier than the payer’s scheduled payment date.
^^To qualify for a Varo Advance your account must be at least 30 days old with a balance of $0.00 or greater, with qualifying direct deposits in the Varo Bank Account and/or Varo Savings Account of at least $1,000 over the past 31 days. Your Varo Bank Account and/or Savings Account must not be overdrawn, and your Varo Bank Account cannot be suspended or closed. For $20 Advances, your qualifications will be evaluated daily. For Advances over $20, fees apply, and your payment history and qualifications will be reviewed monthly for any credit limit increases. To continue to qualify for Advances, payments must be made timely. Visit https://varomoney.com/cash-advance for information on qualifying direct deposits and fees.
*Annual Percentage Yield (APY) is accurate as of March 23, 2021. The rates are variable and may change. No minimum balance required to open an account. Balance in Savings must be at least $0.01 to earn interest.
**The qualifying period begins the first calendar day of the month and ends at close of business on the last business day of the month.
***You must notify your financial institution immediately of any unauthorized use. For specific restrictions, limitations and other details, please consult Varo Bank Customer Service.
Apple Pay is a trademark of Apple Inc.
© 2021 Varo Bank, N.A. All Rights Reserved
Varo Bank, N.A. Member FDIC. The Varo Visa® Debit Card is issued by Varo Bank, N.A. pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc and may be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted.