11552 votes - Medical - First release: 2018-01-01T05:17:05Z
Description - 12+
See a U.S board certified doctor or licensed therapist from virtually anywhere – designed especially for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network members.
Having an online visit couldn’t be easier. Once you download the Blue Cross® Online VisitsSM app and register for an account, you can connect with doctors or therapists wherever it’s convenient for you: at home, in the office or even while traveling.
ONLINE HEALTH CARE OPTIONS
Depending on your plan, you can see a telehealth practitioner for medical, therapy or psychiatry services.
• Online doctors are available 24/7 for minor symptoms like sore throats and stuffy noses.
• If they determine that you need a prescription, they can send one to your nearest pharmacy. They can also send visit notes to your primary care physician at your request.
• All of our telemedicine doctors are U.S. board certified.
• See a doctoral-level psychologist or a master’s-level therapist by appointment.
• Therapists include clinical social workers, marriage and family therapists, and professional counselors.
• All are trained in prevention and treatment techniques specific to telemedicine.
• Our psychiatrists are online doctors who are also U.S. board certified.
• They’re available by appointment and are capable of treating a variety of behavioral health conditions.
• They can prescribe medications and work with you to manage them, too, if you need it.
For members of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network, the convenience of online health care is at your fingertips.
Blue Cross Online Visits is powered by American Well®, an independent company that provides online visits for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network members.
© 1996-2017 Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network are nonprofit corporations and independent licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. We provide health insurance in Michigan.
Please note that telehealth is not for emergencies. If you’re having a medical emergency, call 911.
If you use Apple Health, you can choose to share your health information with the provider during your virtual video visit, such as heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, blood glucose levels, weight, nutritional information, and respiratory rate.