1649 votes - Medical - First release: 2016-09-23T20:45:46Z
Description - 12+
The doctor will see you – anywhere, anytime! With BlueCare, a telemedicine service of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana, you can see a doctor online 24/7, without having to take time off from work or school.
The BlueCare App lets you:
• See doctors from your phone or tablet when you need to – no appointments required
• Save time and money by skipping trips to the ER or urgent care
• Easily get help for non-emergency illnesses like sinus infections, minor stomach trouble, allergies, rashes, bladder infections or the common cold
• Get a prescription or ask questions about your medication
• Choose from a list of BlueCare doctors who are online
• Save information from your member ID card on your first visit, so you can automatically log in to see a doctor
BlueCare is powered by American Well, which provides telemedicine services for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana and its subsidiaries.
Please note that telehealth is not for emergencies. If you’re having a medical emergency, call 911.
If you use Apple Health, you can choose to share your health information with the provider during your virtual video visit, such as heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, blood glucose levels, weight, nutritional information and respiratory rate.