164552 votes - Finance - First release: 2016-12-14T01:18:14Z
Description - 4+
Greenlight is a debit card and app for managing family finances. With the Greenlight app, kids and parents have companion apps with two different experiences. Kids can save, earn, invest, spend and give — with parent approval on every transaction. Parents can choose the exact stores where their kids spend, manage chores and allowances, set parent-paid interest rates and more.
Because Greenlight is a prepaid debit card, kids can’t spend what they don’t have. No overdraft fees. No overspending. No surprises.
- Send money instantly
- Receive real-time alerts of kids’ spending activity
- Turn card on or off from the app
- Manage chores
- Approve kids’ investments
- Automate allowances
- Put limits on spending
- Set parent-paid interest rates
- Manage access and budgets for ATM withdrawals
KIDS AND TEENS CAN:
- Track balances in Save, Earn, Invest, Spend and Give accounts
- Receive money from friends and family
- Manage their own budgets
- Invest in stocks of their choice and research their favorite companies
- Set savings goals
- Set up direct deposit for their paychecks
- Use Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay
SAFETY FIRST. AND SECOND. AND THIRD
- Greenlight comes with an EMV chip and parent-controlled PIN
- No cash back at the register to curb unmonitored spending
- Automated blocked categories for unsafe spending
- Greenlight uses several security features to help protect your accounts from unauthorized access
- Funds available through the Save, Earn, Give and Spend functionality are FDIC-insured, through our partner Community Federal Savings Bank
- Funds available through the Invest functionality are not FDIC insured but may be SIPC insured through our partner DriveWealth, LLC.
Greenlight Investment Advisors, LLC, an SEC Registered Investment Advisor provides investment advisory services to its clients. Investing involves risk and may include the loss of capital. We only use the Value of Investment within the app store screen to show how the app works. It does not represent real customer investments or accounts.